from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A chemical sprayed or dusted on plants to cause the leaves to fall off.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. An agent used to defoliate plants.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a chemical that is sprayed on plants and causes their leaves to fall off


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.