from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chemical substance that destroys or inhibits the growth of fungi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A substance used to kill fungus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything that kills fungi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which destroys fungi; specifically, a chemical applied to fungi or their germs for the purpose of destroying them; a germicide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any agent that destroys or prevents the growth of fungi
fungi + -cide (Wiktionary)