from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A substance used to kill worms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance used to kill worms, especially parasitic intestinal worms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A medicine which destroys intestinal worms; a worm killer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worm-killer; that which destroys worms: applied to those anthelmintic drugs which act by killing, and not simply expelling, parasitic worms, such as entozoans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent that kills worms (especially those in the intestines)
vermi- + -cide (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.