from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. removal; ousting, especially, of a corporate officer from office
- n. deprivation of possession
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Removal; ousting; especially, the removal of a corporate officer from his office.
- n. Deprivation of possession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Removal; ejection; ejectment from possession or office, as of an officer of a corporation.
- n. Motion away from; a moving away; removal.
- n. In law: An unlawful taking of chattels.
- n. The act of turning out an owner of an estate in land before the termination of his estate.
- n. In corporations, removal of an official of a corporation before the expiration of the term for which he was appointed.
From Latin amotio. See amove. (Wiktionary)