from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A list of syllables.
- n. A set of written characters for a language, each character representing a syllable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A table or list of syllabic letters or syllables
- n. A writing system where each character represents a complete syllable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A table of syllables; more especially, a table of the indivisible syllabic symbols used in certain languages, as the Japanese and Cherokee, instead of letters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A catalogue of the syllables of a language; a list or set of syllables, or of characters having a syllabic value.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a writing system whose characters represent syllables
New Latin syllabārium, from Latin syllaba, syllable; see syllable.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Neo Latin syllabārium, from syllaba (Wiktionary)