from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cleft or gap between two symmetrical parts, particularly between the vocal folds.
- n. A crack or fissure on a lunar or planetary surface; a rille.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A narrow and elongated aperture; a cleft; a fissure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, an opening, as a fissure or cleft; a long or narrow aperture.
- n. In conchology, the fissure or aperture between the valves of a bivalve shell when the hymen is removed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.