American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The lower layer of the earth's outer crust that underlies the sial and is rich in silica, iron, and magnesium.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, an erroneous spelling of cyma.
- n. geology, uncountable The lower layer of the earth's outer crust that underlies the sial and is rich in silica, iron, and magnesium.
- n. architecture, countable The upturned edge of a roof which acts as a gutter; a cyma.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Arch.) A cyma.
- n. rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust; rich in silicon and magnesium
- Si (silicon) + Ma (magnesium) (Wiktionary)
- si(lica) + ma(gnesium). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In Thai these are called "sima" (see-maa) and are often leaf shaped.”
“They would later be buried with the "sima" stone placed on top.”
“Mai compy haz sima… simlr… almost same problem… and iz sorry if my lolspeak be bad… iz nu to loling…”
“The forms of it (the bandage?) are the simple, the slightly winding (called ascia), the sloping (sima), the monoculus, the rhombus, and the semi-rhombus.”
“The Dharmagupta and Mulasarvastivada ordination procedures differ concerning the number of rules kept by shikshamana (Dharmagupta six, Mulasarvastivada twelve), the texts and words recited during the bhikshuni ordination ritual, the extent of the large and small ceremonial boundaries (mtshams, Skt. sima, Pali: sima) that are set up for the ordination ritual, and the numbers of bhikshus and bhikshunis required in the ordaining assembly.”
“They were clad in brilliantly-painted cloths, and the soldiers were armed with the saw-toothed war-club, the bow and arrows barbed and poisoned with the juice of the euphorbium, the cutlass, the “sima,” a long sabre (also with saw-like teeth), and some small battle-axes.”
“Tubers are peeled, sun-dried, ground into flour and made into stiff porridge, sima (Digo).”
“As for the Bozo, their name for Sirius A is sima kayne, which translates literally as 'sitting trouser.”
“They came from the system of the star, sima kayne.”
“Giving the sima man's name 5 helped him think of it as being more like a man.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sima’.
A list of words which yield surprising, beautiful, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy images here on Wordnik.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for sima.