from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or process of drawing ground plans.
- n. A ground plan of a building.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ground plan of a building
- n. the art of constructing ground plans
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A horizontal section of a building or other object, showing its true dimensions according to a geometric scale; a ground plan; a map; also, the art of making such plans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of tracing ground-plans; the representation of a ground-plot, or of the site of an object on a horizontal plane.
Latin ichnographiā : Greek ikhnos, track + Greek -graphiā, -graphy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ichno- + -graphy (Wiktionary)