American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Smallest in amount or degree.
- adj. Small in amount or degree.
- adj. Only barely adequate.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being minimalism.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Least or smallest; of minimum amount, quantity, or degree; also, pertaining or related to a minimum.
- Relating to the minimus or fifth digit of the hind foot.
- adj. The smallest possible amount, quantity, or degree.
- adj. art characterised by the use of simple form or structures.
- adj. music characterised by the repetition and gradual alteration of short phrases.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or having a character of, a minim or minimum; least; smallest.
- adj. the least possible
- From minimum + -al (Wiktionary)
“Fish offers what he calls a minimal, but positive, story about hallucination.”
“Well, I'm talking about software and service, it's really what I call minimal migration, where there is a loss there.”
“Mayor Ed Clark took issue with what he called minimal dispensary operator requirements.”
“In my experience, standards are indeed low; gifted students have an easy time earning a degree and less dilligent individuals usually get enough aid to squeak by, provided they put in minimal effort.”
“To call humane societies impact minimal is ignorant.”
“When I did not answer, he said, “Be that as it may, I do expect a certain minimal level of engagement on the part of my students if they are to receive a satisfactory grade.””
“A: The web restricted nature of the offering means that the digital assets are at all times controlled by the system (versus digital files downloaded to users) and thus result in minimal piracy.”
“Some cuts - farm subsidies, defense, entitlements - should take precedence because they entail minimal impact on economic growth.”
“In order to make it work, you need a certain minimal area of collective surface — that is to say, the area of the dish x however many dishes has to equal a certain amount.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘minimal’.
Use these and get promoted
film / art visual styles, genres. technical or otherwise.
(art, style, genre, storytelling, visual, communication, technique, randomness)
This is a list of academic words for students learning English as a Second or Foreign Language. It includes 570 word families that often appear in academic texts. It does not include words that are...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words I like to use, words I like but may forget.
What's going on insde my head
Looking for tweets for minimal.