from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- conj. Because
- adv. For what reason, for what cause, why; the reason why, for the reason that
- adv. On account of which
- adv. Inasmuch as, since, for
- adv. For which reason, wherefore, therefore
- adv. In order that, so that
- adv. On the condition that, provided that, if
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- conj. Wherefore; because.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
I especially enjoyed the week of archaic conjunctions from late November: argal sobeit whencesoever albeit forwhy
OK, OK, OK, so there are plenty of reasons, or excuses, forwhy you can't make a difference.
The only difference here is that the offer was made and the Chancellor gave some truly boneheaded explanation forwhy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.