from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The handle of a gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The handle of a handgun.
- n. The rear part of a rifle or shotgun which is pressed into the shoulder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The stock or wood to which the barrel of a hand gun is fastened.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The stock or wooden support in which the barrel of a gun is fixed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun
Sorry, no etymologies found.