from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A skirt worn under another skirt; a petticoat.
- n. One skirt of a layered gown over which outer skirts are formed and draped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A skirt worn underneath another skirt; a petticoat.
- n. An under layer of a multi-layer gown over which outer skirts are draped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A petticoat; the foundation skirt of a draped dress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A skirt worn under others.
- n. The foundation of a gown, on which drapery or an overskirt is arranged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. undergarment worn under a skirt
Sorry, no etymologies found.