from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of corn, Zea mays everta, having hard kernels that burst to form white, irregularly shaped puffs when heated.
- n. The edible popped kernels of this variety of corn.
- n. A small piece, as of polystyrene, used in quantity to protect items during packaging and shipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A snack food made from corn kernels popped by dry heating.
- n. A kind of stitch similar to a bobble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Popped corn; corn which has been popped.
- n. See pop corn under pop, n..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several varieties of Indian corn suitable for “popping.”
- n. Corn thus prepared; popped corn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. corn having small ears and kernels that burst when exposed to dry heat
- n. small kernels of corn exploded by heat
TEAM: The only area of foam loss that we saw that was not expected, and by expected we lose some what we call the popcorn foam in that inter tank region between the two tanks, the locks tank and the hydrogen tank.
"Some guys are what I call popcorn players," Saunders said.
This particular popcorn is Stuart Woods novels, thrillers.
Etc: Made from a blend of Japanese green tea and roasted, puffed brown rice, genmaicha is sometimes called "popcorn tea" thanks to its unusual appearance.
Johanna describes Miss Bancho as “brain popcorn” â€” that is, “something entertaining [...]
Microwave popcorn is not all it could be, at least compared to its stove-top and popcorn machine brethren.
I have done this with butter, it get's the air good and moist just like water, plus, when the popcorn is done cooking, you have extra butter to pour over the popcorn. mmmm.
I finally started making my own plain popcorn using the brown paper bag method and I've been enjoying it.
Anyone else agree that we already know movie popcorn is unhealthy but we love it anyway?
Totally unhealthy popcorn is part of the experience.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.