from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who laps liquid, who takes liquid in with his tongue.
- n. something (especially a race) that is a stated number of laps e.g. a 25-lapper
- n. A competitor who is one lap behind another, in the same race, and hence physically in front.
- n. A mechanism that overlaps material to make it thicker; a lapping cylinder or lapping machine
- v. To make a gentle splashing sound, as the sound of flowing water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who takes up food or liquid with his tongue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who laps with the tongue.
- n. In entomology, one of the tropin or mouth-organs which are used for lapping honey or other food, as the tongue of a bee.
- n. One who laps.
- n. One who uses a lap, as in a lapidary's work.
- n. In cotton manufacturing, a machine which receives the scutched cotton from the batting-and blowing-machine, and compacts it into a lap or fleece upon the surface of a roller called a lap-roller.
- A Scotch form of lopper.
Sorry, no etymologies found.