from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Yellow.
- adj. Having light brown or yellowish skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Yellow-brown; yolk-colored.
- adj. Pertaining to people with yellowish, red, auburn, or brown hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Yellow; specifically (Ethnol.), of or pertaining to those races of man which have yellowish, red, auburn, or brown hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Yellow: in anthropology and ethnography specifying the yellow or Mongolioid type of mankind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk
From Ancient Greek ξανθός (ksanthos, "yellow"). (Wiktionary)