from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of diminish.
- adj. lessened, reduced.
- adj. reduced by a semitone
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lessened; made smaller; contracted; hence, belittled; degraded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impaired by diminution
- adj. made to seem smaller or less (especially in worth)
- adj. (of an organ or body part) diminished in size or strength as a result of disease or injury or lack of use
- adj. (of musical intervals) reduction by a semitone of any perfect or minor musical interval
Sorry, no etymologies found.