from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That relates to affairs of state
- adj. pragmatic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Versed in affairs; skilled in business; engaged in business pursuits.
- Active; diligent; busy.
- Pertaining to business or to material interests; hence, material; commonplace.
- Practical; authoritative.
- Unduly busy over the affairs of others; meddlesome; interfering; officious.
- Characterized by officiousness; performed or delivered by an officious person; intrusive.
- Busy over trifles; self-important; busy.
- n. A professional opinion or decision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or concerning the theory of pragmatism
- adj. concerned with practical matters
Sorry, no etymologies found.