from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Realistic; sensible.
- adj. Not pretentious or affected; straightforward.
- adj. Not overly ornate; simple in style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Practical; realistic; pragmatic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. facing reality squarely; guided by practical experience and observation rather than theory. Opposite of
idealistic, unrealistic, impractical, and pie-in-the-sky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sensible and practical
Sorry, no etymologies found.