from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having low intensity; restrained, as in style or quality; subdued.
- adj. Having or producing uniformly dark tones with few areas of contrast, as in a photograph or film.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. restrained, subtle, not trying to attract attention
- adj. dark, with little or no fill light and high lighting ratio.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. restrained in style or quality; not flashy or intense; understated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. restrained in style or quality
From key light. (Wiktionary)