from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of an Anabaptist church characterized particularly by simplicity of life, pacifism, and nonresistance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a group of denominations in the Anabaptist movement in the Christian church
- n. a member of such a denomination
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a Christian denomination which originated in Friesland in the early part of the sixteenth century, and holds doctrines of which Menno Simons (1492-1559) was the chief exponent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of an Anabaptist movement in Holland noted for its simplicity of life
German Mennonit, after Menno Simons (1492-1559), Frisian religious leader.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Eponymous to Menno Simons, the second-generation leader of the denomination. (Wiktionary)