from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. On or as if on fire.
- adv. Keenly excited and interested.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in flames, on fire, flaming, with flames coming from it
- adj. showing anger or contempt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In flames; glowing with light or passion; ablaze.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- On fire; in or into flame; ablaze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lighted up by or as by fire or flame
- adj. keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement
a- + flame (Wiktionary)