from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of surprise.
- n. The action of the verb to surprise.
- adj. That is or are a surprise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exciting surprise; extraordinary; of a nature to excite wonder and astonishment
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exciting surprise; extraordinary; astonishing; of a nature to call out wonder or admiration: as, surprising bravery; a surprising escape.
- Synonyms Strange, Curious, etc. See wonderful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing surprise or wonder or amazement
Sorry, no etymologies found.