from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be altered: alterable clothing; alterable conditions of employment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being changed, changeable, mutable
- n. Something that can be altered; a variable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being altered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being altered, varied, or made different.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of the punishment ordered by a court) capable of being changed to one less severe
- adj. capable of being changed or altered in some characteristic
Sorry, no etymologies found.