from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be transmitted: transmissible signals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. able to be transmitted
- adj. capable of being transmitted from one person to another; contagious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being transmitted from one to another; capable of being passed through any body or substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being transmitted, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
- adj. (of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection
- adj. inherited or inheritable by established rules (usually legal rules) of descent
Sorry, no etymologies found.