from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being assigned.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being assigned, allotted, specified, or designated
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being allotted, appointed, or assigned: as, an assignable note or bill.
- Capable of being specified, shown, designated, or expressed with precision: as, an assignable reason; an assignable magnitude.
- Capable of being attributed; attributable.
- In law, predicable; capable of being pointed out or substantiated: as, perjury is not assignable of testimony on an immaterial point.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. legally transferable to the ownership of another
assign + -able (Wiktionary)