from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Standing out prominently and fixedly, or fixed and wide open, as eyes; gazing fixedly or intently; fixed.
- Bristling, as hair; standing stiffly or on end; harsh or rough, as pelage.
- Striking the eye too strongly; conspicuous; glaring; gaudy: as, staring colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
- adj. (used of eyes) open and fixed as if in fear or wonder
Sorry, no etymologies found.