American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang Something outstanding of its kind: "When I make a mistake, it's a beaut!” ( Fiorello H. La Guardia).
- n. informal Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- n. informal Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an outstanding example of its kind.
- n. an outstanding example of its kind
- Shortened from beauty. (Wiktionary)
- Short for beauty. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If any synthetic stocked rifle could be called a beaut, this is it.”
“Eleonora Karpovna had most likely in her first youth been possessed of what the French for some unknown reason call beauté du diable, that is to say, freshness; but when I made her acquaintance, she suggested involuntarily to the mind a good-sized piece of meat, freshly laid by the butcher on”
“Please promise not to tell anyone about it, but the latest CBS NY Times Poll is a real 'beaut'.”
“Al, a beaut picture of the balancing act - enterprise to ego.”
“This program is absolutely great, nice and easy to use with a beaut interface”
“I have to say, I've only used MP3Tag and it worked like a beaut.”
“She's a beaut, with the kindest eyes and softest voice you ever heard.”
“But one Reagan quote he will never permit himself: "I don't make many mistakes, but when I do it's a beaut.”
“Just a beaut of buck passing, whining & blame shifting.”
“But that 30% was a beaut – dot coms, housing melt down, Enron, Maddorf, jeezz we lost what $17 trillion – total – on your watch???”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘beaut’.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 2434 more...
Words created by removing the end of a longer or original word. See also Fun with Aphesis.
Words from a 2009 'Awaydays' film.
Looking for tweets for beaut.