from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that stuns, as:
- n. An astounding, unexpected event.
- n. An exceptionally good-looking person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything that is stunning.
- n. Specifically, a woman of stunning beauty (often hyperbolically).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, stuns.
- n. Something striking or amazing in quality; something of extraordinary excellence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which stuns, or excites astonishment; a person, an action, or a thing that astounds or amazes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unexpected and amazing event
- n. a very attractive or seductive looking woman
The stunner is the differential with Independents.
They name her Deborah, but the biggest stunner is seeing her self in a mirror; she was not Comanche, but instead white like her hosts.
The stunner is how little 3B Edgardo Alfonzo has contributed.
The closest thing my mother and I could agree upon (no mean feat mother daughter agreement) … was a unique gown at a consignment store in Kerrisdale, reported to be the erstwhile property of some Senator’s wife a stunner from the 50’s.
Unless a search engine belches out an earlier usage, that’s a coinage stunner: it was Hollywood that invented the latest sense of cleavage.
Another stunner is the $750,000 SSC Ultimate Aero, a 1,287-bhp racer made by Shelby Super Cars in Tri-Cities, Wash.
Another stunner is the Schramsberg Brut Rose, made in Napa Valley primarily of Pinot Noir grapes but is then balanced with Chardonnay.
The end is a stunner, which is why I can say little about the plot.
They just put up another stunner, which is an annual show sponsored by the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired by artists who are just that.
The fairytale continues for Taylor Swift, who caps banner year with Grammy for best album February 1st, 2010 more images more imagesLONDON - Beyonce Knowles is the queen of the music industry - the stunner was the top winner at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards, taking six prizes
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.