from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving downward; descending.
- adj. Proceeding by descent from an ancestor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. descending; going down
- adj. descending from (an ancestor)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Descending; falling; proceeding from an ancestor or source.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Going or coming down; falling; sinking; descending.
- In heraldry, flying downward and showing the back: said of a bird used as a bearing.
- Proceeding or descending from an original, as an ancestor.
- n. See descendant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. going or coming down
- n. a person considered as descended from some ancestor or race
- adj. proceeding by descent from an ancestor
Sorry, no etymologies found.