from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or into the open; outside: walking outdoors for fresh air.
- n. The open air.
- n. An area away from human settlements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Not inside a house or under covered structure; unprotected; in the open air.
- n. The environment outside of enclosed structures; the natural environment in the open air.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Out of the house; out of doors; in the open air; abroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Out of doors; out of the house; in the open air; abroad.
- n. The outer air or outer world beyond the limits of the house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. outside a building
- n. where the air is unconfined
Sorry, no etymologies found.