from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being sustained.
- adj. Capable of being continued with minimal long-term effect on the environment: sustainable agriculture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be sustained.
- adj. Able to be sustained for an indefinite period without damaging the environment, or without depleting a resource; renewable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being sustained or maintained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being sustained or maintained: as, the action is not sustainable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being sustained
sustain + -able (Wiktionary)