from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to plankton.
- adj. Floating in the open sea rather than living on the seafloor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to the plankton; floating or swimming.
- Of or pertaining to the animals and plants that float or swim in the water: as, planktonic problems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to plankton
From plankton + -ic, after German planktonisch. (Wiktionary)