American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or affected with syphilis.
- n. A person affected with syphilis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of syphilis; affected with syphilis.
- n. One who suffers from syphilis.
- adj. pathology Of, relating to, or infected with syphilis.
- n. One who is infected with syphilis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Med.) Of or pertaining to syphilis; of the nature of syphilis; affected with syphilis.
- adj. of or relating to or infected with syphilis
- n. a person suffering from syphilis
- New Latin syphiliticus, from syphilis, syphilis; see syphilis. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He had wives who worshiped him and then left him, only to defend him later; his children speculated that he was either syphilitic or manic-depressive, and then they continued his work.”
“The black nose, the Jewish nose, the Irish nose, the Italian nose, the syphilitic nose.”
“Doktor Faustus by Thomas Mann Mann's version of this much-imitated tale features a syphilitic composer called Adrian Leverkühn, who agrees a pact with Mephistopheles that guarantees him years of brilliance and musical creativity.”
“Maybe one or both of them is a cyborg recounting the meandering life of some long-dead syphilitic galley slave.”
“Something pooled green and ugly by our feet like syphilitic pus.”
“It was an expensive and strangely obscure institution, named for its syphilitic Whig founder, but we often called it, with what we considered a certain panache, the Mediocre University at New York City.”
“-- “Addled, syphilitic”: probably pretty accurate, actually.”
“One Hawaiian activist has termed Cook a "syphilitic, tubercular racist" and declared it a point of pride that the captain didn't leave Hawaiian shores alive.”
“We went to the Broadway side, where I held open one of the boxes while Ms. Hirsch used her iPhone to document its syphilitic contents.”
“So I'm all okay with him staying studmuffin and not gross ulcer on his leg or syphilitic.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘syphilitic’.
polka dotted words
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
gonk, nerking, guap, gimp, fabulous, dabble, fabilicious, tragic, zooted, hey, cheekini, nugget and 457 more...
Words I love to use, or long to use, or find amusing and interesting in some way. Yes, its a nebulous description but that's just that.
Just rolls off, out, over the tongue, palate, larynx...
Looking for tweets for syphilitic.