from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that lunges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who lunges.
- n. A person afflicted with a disease of the lungs, especially one suffering from tuberculosis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person with pulmonary tuberculosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who lunges or thrusts.
- n. One who comes to a climatic resort on account of his lungs; a consumptive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who moves forward suddenly (as in fencing)
- n. a person with pulmonary tuberculosis
Sorry, no etymologies found.