from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking strength or energy; spiritless; weak.
- adj. Lacking courage; spineless or cowardly.
- adj. Calm and controlled in trying circumstances; cool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking nerve: fearful; cowardly.
- adj. Lacking a nervous system.
- adj. Devoid of nerves: calm, controlled, cool under pressure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of nerves.
- adj. Destitute of strength or of courage; wanting vigor; weak; powerless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without nerve; destitute of strength; weak.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking strength
- adj. marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
From nerve + -less. (Wiktionary)