from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being achromatic; as, the achromatism of a lens; achromaticity.
- n. The state of being free of colors, not emitting or separating into colors.
- n. Achromatopia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being achromatic; ; achromaticity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being achromatic; absence of coloration: as, to secure perfect achromatism in a telescope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the visual property of being without chromatic color
Compare French achromatisme (Wiktionary)