from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being tolerated; endurable.
- adj. Fairly good; passable. See Synonyms at average.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being borne, tolerated or endured; bearable or endurable.
- adj. Moderate in degree; mediocre; passable, acceptable or so-so.
- adj. Such as to be tolerated or countenanced; permissible; allowable.
- adj. In fair health; passably well.
- adv. tolerably; passably; moderately.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being borne or endured; supportable, either physically or mentally.
- adj. Moderately good or agreeable; not contemptible; not very excellent or pleasing, but such as can be borne or received without disgust, resentment, or opposition; passable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That may be borne or endured; supportable, either physically or mentally.
- Fit to be tolerated; sufferable.
- Moderately good or agreeable; not contemptible; not very excellent or pleasing, but such as can be borne or received without positive approval or disapproval; passable; mediocre.
- In fair health; passably well.
- Synonyms and
- Endurable, bearable.
- Indifferent, ordinary, so-so.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being borne or endured
- adj. about average; acceptable
tolerate + -able (Wiktionary)