from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of rag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A method of fishing for the striped-bass, etc., in which a red rag is used as a fly.
- n. In mining, the first and roughest separation of the ore (mixed with more or less veinstone), by which the entirely worthless portion is selected and rejected.
- n. In mech., the rough-dressing of a grindstone; the operation of taking imperfections out of the working-face of a grindstone.
- n. A scolding; a tongue-lashing.
Sorry, no etymologies found.