from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of or covered with pitch.
- adj. Resembling pitch in consistency.
- adj. Extremely dark; black.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling pitch.
- adj. Very dark black; pitch-black.
- adj. Off pitch; out of tune.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Partaking of the qualities of pitch; resembling pitch.
- adj. Smeared with pitch.
- adj. Black; pitch-dark; dismal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, or of the nature of, or resembling pitch; like pitch.
- Smeared with pitch.
- Black; dark; dismal.
- In zoöl., dark-brown inclining toward black; piceous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the characteristics of pitch or tar
- adj. of the blackest black; similar to the color of jet or coal
pitch + -y (Wiktionary)