from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to casuists or casuistry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to casuistry (attempts to solve moral dilemmas by applying general rules).
- adj. Overly subtle, hair-splitting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to casuists or casuistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to casuists or casuistry; relating to cases of conscience, or to doubts concerning conduct; hence, over-subtle; intellectually dishonest; sophistical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the use of ethical principles to resolve moral problems
- adj. of or relating to or practicing casuistry
casuist + -ic. (Wiktionary)