American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Cursive writing.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Writing of the ordinary form, as contradistinguished from shorthand or stenography.
- n. The written characters used in the common method of writing; -- opposed to shorthand, or typing or printing; handwriting.
- adv. To write something by hand in normal characters, as opposed to shorthand.
- adv. To write something out by hand (with pen or pencil), rather than printing out; handwritten.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The written characters used in the common method of writing; -- opposed to
- adj. having words written out in full by hand
- n. rapid handwriting in which letters are set down in full and are cursively connected within words without lifting the writing implement from the paper
- long + hand (Wiktionary)
“Right now as I'm writing this out in longhand I'm in a Barnes and Noble in San Antonio while my wife is suffering through a business meeting nearby.”
“She wrote in longhand and maintained a discplined schedule, writing five hours a day, four days a week.”
“She wrote, in longhand on a yellow pad, epic novels of family and forgiveness that were adored by her fans but often received less than enthusiastic reviews from critics.”
“Writing longhand is a liberating way of taking part in NaNoWriMo, as I can now write anywhere at any time.”
“Sometimes, I think writing longhand is an advantage.”
“I wrote my first 5 or 6 novels in longhand, but over time I've increasingly given up the straight through push to the end toward more of a retrenchment style.”
“Writing is one of the plastic arts, which is why I still write in longhand for a first draft.”
“JH: I write the first draft of my novels in longhand, with a fountain pen in bound blank books.”
“Daughter Liz Cheney called her father a "student of history" and said he has already begun collecting his thoughts in longhand and on his laptop computer.”
“Sometimes I have to go into self-imposed detox by writing in longhand, just to get into the groove of writing again, without the distractions of the internet.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘longhand’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words containing the letter sequence --ngh--.
This is a public list.
Looking for tweets for longhand.