from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, process, or art of forming letters.
- n. Letters inscribed, as on a sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of letter.
- n. Written, especially printed, text.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or business of making, or marking with, letters, as by cutting or painting.
- n. The letters made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stamping or marking with letters.
- n. The letters impressed or marked upon anything; any inscription, as on a signboard, coin, or tombstone.
- n. Specifically, in bookbinding, the act or process of affixing the alphabetical letters to the notched front margin of an indexed book; also, the addition of the name of the book on its back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something
Sorry, no etymologies found.