from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brightly colored fish of the family Pomacanthidae of warm seas, having a laterally compressed body.
- n. A freshwater fish (Pterophyllum scalare), native to rivers of tropical South America and having a laterally compressed, usually striped body. It is popular in aquariums. Also called scalare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A freshwater fish, tropical cichlids of the genus Pterophyllum.
- n. A marine fish of the family Pomacanthidae, common on shallow tropical reefs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a butterfly fish of the genus Pomacanthus
- n. deep-bodied disk-shaped food fish of warmer western Atlantic coastal waters
- n. sharks with broad flat bodies and winglike pectoral fins but that swim the way sharks do
angel + fish (Wiktionary)