from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pencil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Painted, drawn, sketched, or marked with a pencil.
- adj. Radiated; having pencils of rays.
- adj. Marked with parallel or radiating lines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with fine lines, as if with a pencil or other sharp-pointed instrument; decorated or executed in delicate ornament or lines, as distinguished from broad masses of color or the like.
- In zoology and botany: Tufted; brushy; penicillate.
- Marked with fine lines, as if scratched with a pen or painted with a fine brush; specifically, marked with a series of concentric lines, as every feather of the body-plumage of a dark brahma or a partridge cochin hen.
- Radiated; having pencils of rays.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. drawn or written with a pencil
Sorry, no etymologies found.