from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thermally insulated compartment, cabinet, or room in which a subfreezing temperature is maintained for the rapid freezing and storing of perishable items, especially food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an appliance or room used to store food or other perishable items at temperatures below 0° Celsius (32° Fahrenheit).
- n. the section of a refrigerator used to store food or other perishable items at a temperature below 0° Celsius (32° Fahrenheit).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, cools or freezes, as a refrigerator, or the tub and can used in the process of freezing ice cream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which freezes or chills; a refrigerator; especially, a contrivance, as a vessel containing a freezing-mixture, for producing a freezing temperature in substances exposed to its influence, as cream.
- n. A sheep whose mutton is intended to be frozen and exported.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electric refrigerator (trade name Deepfreeze) in which food is frozen and stored for long periods of time
Yes | No | Report from rocky d bashaw wrote 32 weeks 3 days ago meat in freezer is nice but a good weekend camping in the wild is good as well, getting away from wrk and all the stress of everyday life.
Gulf at the moment, the freezer is a little short on fish.
Right at the moment the only oddity in the freezer is a small bag of rabbit meat that I was just thinking about on the drive in. probably should toss that in a casserole soon.
Putting the actual laptop in the freezer is an extremely poor idea.
However, my freezer is about the size of six packs of cigarettes and I don't have an oven.
Open tubs of ice cream in the freezer is asking for trouble!
All his shots are head shots, between the eye and ear, and his freezer is already full this year.
Thus, 2 lbs in the freezer is a pretty good hoard, and I think by the time I need more, I'll probably be up for doing it again.
Place pan in freezer about 15 minutes or until batter is slightly firm to the touch.
NBA newscasters spoke of ancestor worship, and reminded the public that six ex-Chairmen resided in Chinese freezer vaults, alongside a myriad lesser ex-officials.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.