from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thermally insulated compartment, cabinet, or room in which a subfreezing temperature is maintained for the rapid freezing and storing of perishable items, especially food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an appliance or room used to store food or other perishable items at temperatures below 0° Celsius (32° Fahrenheit).
- n. the section of a refrigerator used to store food or other perishable items at a temperature below 0° Celsius (32° Fahrenheit).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, cools or freezes, as a refrigerator, or the tub and can used in the process of freezing ice cream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which freezes or chills; a refrigerator; especially, a contrivance, as a vessel containing a freezing-mixture, for producing a freezing temperature in substances exposed to its influence, as cream.
- n. A sheep whose mutton is intended to be frozen and exported.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electric refrigerator (trade name Deepfreeze) in which food is frozen and stored for long periods of time
to freeze + -er (Wiktionary)