from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where ice is made, stored, or sold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deep cellar or outdoor building used for the storage of ice; sometimes also used to store food at low temperature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a close-covered pit or building for storing ice.
- n. a building used for storing ice, especially one built partly below ground and insulated so as to preserve ice obtained during the winter from frozen lakes or rivers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A structure, usually with double walls, packed between with sawdust or some similar non-conducting material, used for the storage of ice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a house for storing ice
ice + house (Wiktionary)