from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who has, or attempts to acquire, a monopoly on something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who monopolizes; one who has a monopoly; one who favors monopoly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who monopolizes or possesses a monopoly; one who has exclusive command or control of any branch of trade or article of commerce; specifically, a buyer up of the whole of a commodity in market for the purpose of selling at an advanced price; one having a license or privilege granted by authority for the sole buying or selling of any commodity. See monopoly.
- n. One who obtains, assumes, or occupies anything to the exclusion of others: as, a monopolist of advantages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who monopolizes the means of producing or selling something
Sorry, no etymologies found.