from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To divide a part or parts of into smaller parts.
- transitive v. To divide into a number of parts, especially to divide (land) into lots.
- intransitive v. To form into subdivisions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To divide into smaller sections.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To divide the parts of (anything) into more parts; to part into smaller divisions; to divide again, as what has already been divided.
- intransitive v. To be, or to become, subdivided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To redivide after a first division.
- To separate into subdivisions.
- To become separated.
- n. In physical geography, a subordinate divide, as one between small streams in contrast with one between river systems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divide into smaller and smaller pieces
- v. form into subdivisions
sub- + divide (Wiktionary)