from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To distinguish by contrasting qualities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To distinguish things by contrasting their different qualities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To distinguish by a contrast of opposite qualities.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To distinguish not merely by differential, but by opposite qualities; discriminate by direct contrast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. distinguish by contrasting qualities
Sorry, no etymologies found.