from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To divide by cutting transversely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to divide something by cutting transversely
- n. a path along which a researcher moves, counts and records his observations
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In phytogeography, a cross-section (or representation of one) of the vegetation of a station or larger unit.
- To cut across; dissect transversely.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut across or divide transversely
trans- + -sect.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)